Gather 'round children and let me tell you a tale.
Once upon a time there was a evil man who felt comics books were dirty. They needed to be cleaned up so good little boys and girls could read them and not be corrupted.
This man wrote the Comics code for everyone to follow and be moral. Now morality is subjective but that did not stop this evil man from convincing the government he was right.
So in 1954 the Comic Book Code was adopted and it forbid the words "crime", "horror", and "terror" in comic book titles.
Poor EC comics pretty much died right then.
It may have taken almost 60 years but the Code is finally dead.
Even Archies comics is going to stop using the silly little code.
The Code is dead!
Long live the Comics!
We all lived happily ever after.
The moral of this story is that good will always triumph over stupid.
If you are interested in the silly Code
Here is what it said.
* Crimes shall never be presented in such a way as to create sympathy for the criminal, to promote distrust of the forces of law and justice, or to inspire others with a desire to imitate criminals.
* If crime is depicted it shall be as a sordid and unpleasant activity.
* Criminals shall not be presented so as to be rendered glamorous or to occupy a position which creates a desire for emulation.
* In every instance good shall triumph over evil and the criminal punished for his misdeeds.
* Scenes of excessive violence shall be prohibited. Scenes of brutal torture, excessive and unnecessary knife and gunplay, physical agony, gory and gruesome crime shall be eliminated.
* No comic magazine shall use the word horror or terror in its title.
* All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome crimes, depravity, lust, sadism, masochism shall not be permitted.
* All lurid, unsavory, gruesome illustrations shall be eliminated.
* Inclusion of stories dealing with evil shall be used or shall be published only where the intent is to illustrate a moral issue and in no case shall evil be presented alluringly, nor so as to injure the sensibilities of the reader.
* Scenes dealing with, or instruments associated with walking dead, torture, vampires and vampirism, ghouls, cannibalism, and werewolfism are prohibited.
* Profanity, obscenity, smut, vulgarity, or words or symbols which have acquired undesirable meanings are forbidden.
* Nudity in any form is prohibited, as is indecent or undue exposure.
* Suggestive and salacious illustration or suggestive posture is unacceptable. * Females shall be drawn realistically without exaggeration of any physical qualities.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://thetoiletpaper.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Power%2520Girl.gif&imgrefurl=http://thetoiletpaper.com/blog/2010/comics-not-just-for-nerds/&usg=__wPn0ei1HATfyMTss2BfKkyHfP6o=&h=486&w=299&sz=80&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=eMg-wi2rhf_vXM:&tbnh=133&tbnw=82&ei=eR07TdTwDZH2swOxpPCVAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpower%2Bgirl%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1716%26bih%3D1015%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1500&vpy=350&dur=1017&hovh=286&hovw=176&tx=125&ty=145&oei=eR07TdTwDZH2swOxpPCVAw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=75&ved=1t:429,r:37,s:0
* Illicit sex relations are neither to be hinted at nor portrayed. Violent love scenes as well as sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.
* Seduction and rape shall never be shown or suggested.
* Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.
* Nudity with meretricious purpose and salacious postures shall not be permitted in the advertising of any product; clothed figures shall never be presented in such a way as to be offensive or contrary to good taste or morals.